Joe Wagner Group successfully tendered for the replacement of culvert systems on two sites along the North Coast Line near Bundaberg.
- Site establishment and survey
- Site preparation for pipe-jacking rig
- Pipe-jacking of new culvert system under the railway line
- The building of cast-in-situ headwalls
- Spreading of spoil material on site
Due to the terrain and the depth of one of the culvert systems, pipe-jacking was required. This enabled us to remove the old pipe and install new pipework without having to dig up the railway line.
Work was undertaken in electrified territory and under QR shutdown conditions, so strict safety protocols and procedures were observed.
We completed the project on time with no LTIs and without incident.