Joe Wagner Group was appointed principal contractor for the extension of the Ergon Energy depot at Quilpie.
- The removal of trees onsite
- Demolition of existing pole storage racks
- Construction of a new perimeter security fence
- Construction of a gravel hardstand
- Cast in-situ concrete construction of new pole storage racks
- Laying of new turf and landscaping
The remote location of this project presented some logistical challenges with the closest quarry situated 400km from site. Work was done according to supplied standard plans, however, it was necessary for us to do the levels and set-outs to match the existing ground levels.
Strict Energy Queensland protocols around security and COVID-19 were observed at all times, and the fine, red soil required a careful balance in regards to watering and dust suppression.
We always prefer to support the local communities in which we work by sourcing locally where possible, and we were pleased to be able to source the concrete for the job from a Qulpie supplier.
The job was successfully completed in a very tight time-frame with no LTIs.