Due to the construction of new facilities, the Queensland Truck Centre approacehd Joe Wagner Group to improve access and alleviate traffic congestion on the Gore Highway at the entrance to their site. This was a Brownfield project that required close liaison with the client, designers, DTMR and Toowoomba Regional Council.
- Removal of existing kerb, channel and culvert
- Non-complex service relocation works
- Significant longitudinal joint with existing pavement
- Multi-layer granular pavements
- Asphalt pavement
- Installation of cross and longitudinal drainage
- Installation of stormwater drainage
- New kerb and channel
- Installation of electrical conduits and street lighting
- Installation of road furniture and linemarking
- Strict traffic management
Access to the truck centre was maintained during the works so that other building work could continue uninterrupted; and effective traffic management on the highway resulted in limited delay or disruption to motorists. Our staff worked closely with all involved to accommodate design changes and deliver a successful project.