Joe Wagner Group is a member of RoadTek’s panel of contractors to provide Concrete Placement and Drainage for Queensland roads. We were invited to tender for the Burnett Highway project and were appointed Principal Contractor.
- Demolition and removal of old complete culverts
- Demolition and removal of culvert end structures
- Extension of 14 existing culverts totalling in length of 123m
- Installation of 2 new culverts
- Installation of 19 precast end structures
- Installation of 12 cast insitu end structures
- Backfill to 300mm above pipes
This project required traffic management on the highway and compliance with the client’s environmental conditions.
Culvert sizes ranged from 375mm to 4-celled 1800mm structures; and excavation of old pipework without breaking them was a challenge. There were also concrete slabs under each headwall that needed to be appropriately dealt with.
Works were successfully completed under budget and ahead of schedule with no LTIs.