Joe Wagner Group was appointed principal contractor for the early civil works required for a new Ambulance Station and LASN office being constructed on the intersection of a busy connection road in South Toowoomba. This required an intersection upgrade including road widening and realignment involving one main thoroughfare and two residential streets.
- Installation of stormwater drainage, precast headwalls, manholes and concrete gullies
- Installation of subsoil drainage
- Under road boring
- Relocation of rising sewer main and water main
- Preparation of subgrade
- Placing and compacting of pavement layers
- Laying of asphalt
- Installation of street lighting, road furniture, signage and line-marking
- Installation of concrete kerb, footpaths and concrete driveways
- Site survey
- Traffic management
Work took place under live traffic conditions and as the main road was under TMR jurisdiction and the side roads were controlled by Toowoomba Regional Council, all works needed to be inspected by, and meet the specifications of both state and local road authorities.