Joe Wagner Group was appointed principal contractor to design and construct the rehabilitation of 600m of severely degraded road and entrance-way asphalt at the Kilcoy Water Treatment Plant.
- Carrying out a Geotechnical assessment of the existing road to determine the most efficient solution to the failed road;
- Tyning up and recompacting the gravel of the existing road to form a new sub-base layer;
- Importing new gravel to form the new road pavement;
- Building deeper table drains to provide sufficient drainage to the road formation;
- Spraying a new bitumen surface;
- Cleaning out gully traps and repairing isolated pavement failures;
- Replacing the failed asphalt surface at the entrance-way with a reinforced industrial-strength concrete slab.
Requirements of our design were that the new surface is able to withstand heavy loads; provide a 20-year life to the pavement, and be fit-for-purpose. The project also needed to minimise the impact on existing operations and infrastructure during construction.
The project was completed within the tight timeframe required by the client, with no LTIs.