Joe Wagner Group was appointed principal contractor for the Warrego Highway widening and the reconstruction of Butlers Road, Haigslea. The upgrade was associated with the construction of a new BP Service Centre.
- Over 1km of DTMR spec pavement reconstruction
- 10,000m3 of material removed from site
- Stormwater and electrical service installation
- Under boring
- Asphalt Surfacing
- Installation of electrical conduits and street lighting
- Landscaping and soil amelioration
- Staged traffic management
This project required extensive management and stakeholder engagement to reduce the impact of construction works and traffic management to neighbouring business and home owners. Traffic management and construction works were staged to align with AM and PM traffic flows to minimise congestion on the highway.
The proposed opening day of the new Service Centre required the original construction programme of 18 weeks to be fast-tracked to 12 weeks. With our extensive internal plant and labour pool, we were able to ensure that all works were completed efficiently and that the very tight deadlines were met.