Queensland Rail appointed Joe Wagner Group to replace deteriorated culverts ranging from single-celled to eight-celled culverts over eight sites.
- Removal of railway track
- Demolition of existing, damaged culverts
- Excavation of site in preparation for new culverts
- Laying of geofabric where necessary
- Positioning new prefabricated culverts
- Placement of concrete headwalls
- Backfilling and replacing the railway track
We undertook this project in compliance with Queensland Rail’s (QR) safety systems including working within the rail corridor. The project had strict deadlines due to QR shutdown conditions with shutdowns ranging from 48 to 72 hours in duration. In order to avoid environmental contamination, we processed and spread all excavated material onsite rather than transporting it offsite.
The Joe Wagner Group crew built excellent relationships with the Queensland Rail supervising engineers, and we completed the project on time and on budget, with no LTIs.